Emily from Haptic Lab dropped off a prototype of their new sailboat kite. Hopefully I’ll be able to take this thing out in the wild this weekend!
Scenes from my weekend.
Last week, I had the pleasure to work with Birchbox and Madewell on a meet the bloggers series. Birchbox did my hair and makeup and Madewell provided clothing for a fun photoshoot. If you aren’t familiar with Birchbox, it’s a great way to try new beauty products. You sign up for a subscription and they send you samples monthly of new products. The lip gloss I used at the shoot has become my everyday favorite (it’s birchbox pink by jouer). Madewell is one of my very favorite brands especially because their stuff is pretty casual, which is how I dress most days. I fell in love with this dress and this super soft leather jacket.
- Loved this NYTimes article on The Stories that Bind Us
- “You probably knew this already, but there was a time when there were regular goat beauty pageants in Central Park.” Read more.
- Q&A with one of my favorite photographers Sharon Montrose on Cup of Jo.
- Love this Pablo Neruda poem (above) // via Shoko
- My current favorite Pinterest board: A Love Letter to Summer
- Christoph Niemann shares the story of his app, Petting Zoo on the New Yorker blog. I am super excited to show this app to my nieces!
- Paul Octavious does it again (makes me smile).
- This “Pillow Fort Architect” pin available from Hello Quiet Tiger.
- Crossfitters: my friend Dan Betz made a great app for tracking your benchmark WODs BNCHMRK.me.
Last night I experienced a rare moment when I realize I am a grown-up and I can do whatever I want. So, instead of heading home after babysitting my nieces like I had planned I headed to the Brooklyn Bridge and walked halfway across. I can’t think of a better ending to the first day of Spring.
Oh, and I took some photos!
Happy Tuesday friends with some nice hand lettering by my friend Aymie.
I recently opened a small shop at Society6 with these two photos available as prints. Check it out here.